Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hawaiian Meatballs

This is another one of my aunts recipes. (Yes, I steal a lot of her recipes, but what can you do, there just that good). I was babysitting for my uncle and he has complained that we make dinner for his sister but not him, so I spent the day making bread and Alyssa came over and we made these for dinner for him. These are really sweet, so if you don't want them to be as sweet don't add as much pineapple or sugar.

Hawaiian Meatballs

2 lbs ground beef
1 1/2 c crushed cornflakes (or rice crispies)
2 eggs, beaten
2 TBS soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
Mix with hands. Either cook on a skillet or in the oven @ 350 for 25-30 minutes.

SAUCE:
1 can pineapple, tidbits or crushed
1/2 c vinegar
1 TBS ketchup
2 TBS soy sauce
1 1/2 c brown sugar
3 TBS flour
2/3 c water
Heat water and brown sugar on stove top. Add the rest of the ingredients and heat. Pour sauce over meatballs and serve with rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment