Friday, July 8, 2011

Honey Mustard Chicken

Yesterday I was watching Rachael Ray and it was "The Biggest Cooking Demo." She made this Honey Mustard Chicken. I had my friend over and so we made this for dinner. We added extra sauce and it was really good. It's an easy meal that we just served with rolls. If you are serving more than 4 people I would suggest making a double batch.

Honey Mustard Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 or 2  peeled carrots (big carrots not baby)
2-3 c. celery (or any root vegetable)
1 onion
1 1/2 c. chicken stock
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. Dijon mustard
1/3 c. honey

Preheat a large frying pan on med/high heat. Once preheated pour in just enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan. Cook the chicken on med/high heat. Once the chicken is cooked remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan you cooked the chicken in, add the vegetables and chicken stock. Let the vegetables soften. Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, honey, and chicken.
 * I made some extra honey-mustard and spread it on the chicken.*
Let simmer for about 5 minutes and serve.


3 comments:

  1. Oooooo, sounds luscious. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I think that I'll have to make this for my family sometime... It was delicious!!! This is Kayla by the way ;) I love your blog!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness this sounds good and easy!! I love Rachael Ray! I like the extra sauce idea. I'd definitely do that. I can't ever get enough flavor!:) Do you think this would be good served over rice? mmmmmaybe? :)

    ReplyDelete